Process of Elimination
- Fill pool to normal operating level.
- Plug-skimmers, returns, Jacuzzi steps, Polaris, bottom drain (if possible), etc.
- If leak stops, the leak is in the plumbing. If not, eliminate one item at a time or pressure-test; there is no need for a diver!
- If leak continues, but stops at the bottom of the skimmers, it may be one of the following:
- Possible cracked skimmer (with plugs in place): if you find the water has dropped in one skimmer, you have found your leak.
- Skimmer gaskets - you may need new gaskets, or there is a cracked faceplate, a cut/hole in liner surrounding skimmer, or the leak could be through a screw hold. Check all carefully.
- If leak continues, you want to make sure that the return gaskets are good and the faceplates are not cracked. You may want to see if the water drops below fittings.